3/25/13

It's the CADILLAC OF VACUUMS!


There used to be a phrase that was thrown about quite a bit. If you were to tell someone about an item, like a dishwasher, which was considered to be top of the line you'd say, "It's the Cadillac of dishwashers." Talking about a tractor? "It's the Cadillac of tractors."

I don't know if this phrase is used anymore. Cadillacs are not thought of in the same way as they once were. Perhaps people say, "It's the Mercedes of dishwashers." I don't know.

But here, from the May 1937 The American Magazine, is an ad for the Cadillac Vacuum Cleaner. No, not the Cadillac of vacuum cleaners; the actual Cadillac vacuum. I don't know how long the company was in business. I'm not finding historical information readily available, and I don't have the bandwidth to do much of a search. Perhaps when things are back to being hunky-dory with my net access I'll return to add to this post. Then again...why? I don't have the Cadillac of net access.



Let's just be glad we don't have to drag all the rugs outside each spring and beat the hell and dust out of them. I mean, I do like hitting things and watching the dust come out, but not if I have to. I'd rather do it for fun...in someone else's home...and then smile and leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment