4/21/12

DEFENDERS OF AMERICA from National Biscuit Company: U. S. ARMY HAWK MISSILE


By now, if you’ve been checking in to see what weapon of mass destruction I’m featuring, you know I generally give a little bit of information from Wikipedia regarding the history of the weapon/ship/plane. This time I’ll let you look here to read all about the U. S. Army Hawk Missile.




Click on either image to see it larger.

Instead, I offer the following which may give you pause:
In 1965, it acquired Amana Refrigeration, Inc., a manufacturer of refrigerators and air conditioners. Using the Amana brand name and its distribution channels, Raytheon began selling the first countertop household microwave oven in 1967 and became a dominant manufacturer in the microwave oven business. (SOURCE: Wikipedia)
Wouldn't you have liked to see the salesman's catalogue?
"Well, if I can't interest you in one of our modern microwaves, would you be interested in one of our refurbished missiles? I could give you an excellent price if you buy a dozen."
Next time, the final nod to the military industrial complex…U. S. ARMY EXPLORER I IN ORBIT

No comments:

Post a Comment