12/2/11

It's a BUICK KIND OF CHRISTMAS


Yesterday I gave you the back cover of the December 1936 "The Buick Magazine" with Santa hawking Buick. Today I give you the front cover.


Click on image to see it larger.

I generally like to do a bit of research about the ephemera I'm posting; sometimes I find a lot, sometimes I find little, and sometimes I just don't have the time or bandwidth to do it justice. Tonight will be the latter thanks to the windstorm going on. I'm expecting to lose power at any moment.

Fortunately someone else has already done the research about the illustrator of this cover, H. E. Vallely so I'll leave it to them to fill in the blanks.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my yes. He goes shopping while she goes into the woods for the tree. Splendid division of labor.

    ReplyDelete