3/3/10

The BROWNIE HAWKEYE CAMERA


Today at my vernacular photography blog, Tattered and Lost Vernacular Photography, I've posted the entire pamphlet that came with the Kodak Brownie Hawkeye camera and a photo of some woman holding one. I decided to post the pamphlet here since it's technically ephemera. Step on over to the other site to see the woman with her cigarette and camera taken in 1955. Classic.

Brownie Hawkeye 1_tatteredandlost
Brownie Hawkeye 2_tatteredandlost
Brownie Hawkeye 3_tatteredandlost
Brownie Hawkeye 4_tatteredandlost
Brownie Hawkeye 5_tatteredandlost
Brownie Hawkeye 6_tatteredandlost
Click on any image to see it larger.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, photography was are real event in those days. We never had a Brownie, my dad was 'into' photography and had a Pentax 35mm. It doesn't seem long since we had to load film but I'm so glad we don't do it anymore. I love digital.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only problem with digital is that as soon as I get a camera a better one comes along. It's always an unending chase. Right now I crave one that costs $6,000. I will never get one, but I know there is a tool out there that would do things I can never do with any of the digital cameras I have. I will for now just lust after this camera. Okay, I even lust over the ad which features Bryshnikov.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4/17/2010

    I have a hawkeye and I love it. I was intrigued when I found my Grandma's in her basement, and purchased one myself for 8 bucks at a small antique store in rural Ontario. It's really an amazing little camera - the simplicity of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a really neat little camera. Have a lot of fond memories of the excitement of taking my first photos with one. I now have it sitting on my book shelf. Unto itself it's a really nice design. Thanks for stopping in.

    ReplyDelete