2/15/09

GOING OUT OF BUSINESS Presidents Day Sale


Other than children who use Presidents Day to learn about the great leaders of our country, does anybody else think of this day beyond just being a day without mail, banks are closed, and for many a day off from work? Oh yeah, shopping. Presidents Day is a day of shopping. It's just too awful and it makes my eyes roll to the back of my head. Newspapers are full of ads with Washington and Lincoln hawking all sorts of useless merchandise. I'm sure there are plenty of car commercials using the images to pressure buyers for that 3 day sale great deal. Now I know we actually need to get out and go shopping to help the economy, but wouldn't it be nice if we still remembered what the day was about? And why we still honor these men? I fear most people in this country haven't a clue. Nor do they care.

No comments:

Post a Comment